Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Such a pretty house and such a pretty garden.


Radiohead - No Surprises

Listening to this song helps me sleep better. No kidding. That melody in the background has this odd, calming effect on me. Raw, non-autotuned and simple. Radiohead's in a league of its own; they can't be put into any particular genre, can they? Alternative? Not exactly. They make music that no one else could copy, or even manage to copy. Sure, Paramore unintentionally came out with their hit 'The Only Exception' which sounded very similar to No Surprises. But. That's been playing on the radio for months and I got sick of it in a week. I mean, Radiohead's probably one of the most influential around and yet, they have managed to make music that's not boring or forgettable.

How I first heard of Radiohead.
Believe it or not, I first heard one of their less popular songs in How I Met Your Mother. This is the best video I could find of the song. Acoustic performances always give me the chills. And Thom Yorke is simply amazing live.


Radiohead - Nice Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment